Compensation$25 to $28 Hourly
Benefits OfferedDental, Life, Medical
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a CNC Programmer/ Operator
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints.
- Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut.
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program.
- Communicates with engineers and clients who will use the programs.
- Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Determines sequence of operations in a program.
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Simplifies tooling time and increases productivity.
- Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time and money
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have superior computer programming skills.
- Must have excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Good math skills, especially algebra, trigonometry and physics.
- Good active listening skills.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of metal shop work.
- Must operate mill, lathe, and equipment efficiently.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Must have the ability to write and read complex spreadsheets.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment.
We are not a mass production shop. Mostly one offs and low volume parts. Manual equipment operation required as well.
- Minimum 10 years experience
- Must have own hand tools
- Ability to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Reliable transportation